The 'must know' guide to construction contract principles
04/06/13 - This 1 DAY COURSE will consider the principles of contract law in practice and their application to construction contracts and administration.Read More
London / Epping OfficeTel: 0845 345 1244
Fax: 0845 345 1039
Cardiff OfficeTel: 02920 474 570
Fax: 02920 474 575
259-269 Old Marylebone Road,
Our philosophy is to help clients avoid disputes, but unfortunately these still do occur. Silver Shemmings has considerable experience in dealing with all forms of Construction Litigation Claims, Arbitration, Adjudication and Mediation – all forms of dispute resolution.
We have experience in working with the Courts, both High Court and County Court as well as dealing with appeals in the Court of Appeal and House of Lords (now known as the Supreme Court)
Most of our work is done in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC) which is a specialist Court dealing with complex construction claims.
Silver Shemmings also have considerable experience in taking cases to Court to enforce Adjudicator’s decisions. We have been involved in a number of recorded cases relating to adjudication enforcement including:
- Adonis Construction - v - O’Keefe Mediation Ltd,
- Capital Structures Plc - v - Time and Tide Construction Ltd,
- Harris Canlan Construction Ltd - v -Ridgewood (Kensington) and
- HG Construction Ltd - v - Ashwell Homes (East Anglia).
- GOL - v - Atkins Rail
Our experience also covers
- all types of construction and commercial claims, including breach of contract, valuation claims and non payment claims
- professional negligence including claims against engineers, architects, quantity surveyors, solicitors and accountants
- insolvency matters including statutory demands, winding up petitions, administration and company restoration
- breach of contract
- breach of warranty
- debt collection
- product liability claims
The partners all have a wide range of experience, including dual qualifications as both Quantity Surveyors and Solicitors. They have worked in the Construction Industry in the past and so truly appreciate the challenges faced by those involved in this sector.
For more information and initial advice please contact us on:
Sarah Shemmings or Richard Silver
Tel.: 0845 345 1244
Robert Shawyer – Cardiff
Tel.: 02920 474 570
Don’t forget that you can also make initial contact through our free helpline 08455 1 92 92 1