Tel: +(0)20 7167 6602
LLB(Hons), PGd Legal Practice, IBA Fellow in International Legal Practice, International Practice Diploma International Arbitration, International Practice Diploma International Commercial Law, International Practice Diploma International Intellectual Property Law, International Practice Diploma International Joint Venture Law, International Practice Diploma International Mergers and Acquisition Law, International Practice Diploma International Human Rights Law and Practice, Higher Rights of Audience qualified, FCIArb, FRICS, FCIOB, FCInst CES, FSCSI, FNADR, APA, Solicitor Advocate (England and Wales), Solicitor (Northern Ireland), Mediator/Neutral United States of America, Visiting Fellow and Professor University of South Wales.
Mediator, Conciliator, Adjudicator, Arbitrator, Dispute Board Member, Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings)
Roberts time in the Construction Industry spans 29 years. Robert specialises in Civil Engineering and Construction Law and disputes including, vetting and drafting contracts, collateral warranty and administration systems, providing legal advice, including procedural, management of representations for the Referring or Responding party in Adjudication, management of representations for the Claimant or Defendant in Arbitration, Mediation, Conciliation, Expert Determination, etc.
Robert’s time is spent managing his team nationally and internationally whilst also dedicated to receiving nominations to act as Mediator, Conciliator, Adjudicator and Arbitrator via several professional nominating bodies and by party agreement; acting also as privately appointed or Court appointed Mediator.
Robert’s strength and reason why he retains and attracts so many clients comes from his years of practical experience married with his great depth of both vocational and international legal qualifications plus wealth of experience in all aspects of a Civil Engineering and /or Construction Contract and/or dispute including training, advising, drafting, negotiation, representation, determination and decision making.
Robert is appointed by clients both within the United Kingdom and international locations in providing training, giving seminars and receiving appointments. Robert advises in respect of Partnering and Frameworks Contracts and Agreements presenting training courses on Partnering arrangements plus a wide range of topics related to Contentious and non-Contentious matters such as Standard Forms of Contract, ADR forums and procedure, Design Liability, Programming and Planning, Management and Quantity Surveying techniques, Contract and Construction Law, etc.
Mediation, Conciliation, Adjudication, Arbitration, Expert Determination, Litigation – Lead Representative and Advocate
Appointment as Mediator, Conciliator, Adjudicator, Expert Determiner, Arbitrator and Dispute Review Board Member or Dispute Adjudication Board Member
Robert regularly accepts nominations as Mediator, Adjudicator, Conciliator and Arbitrator. Robert is often engaged to provide Opinion on matters of Contract and Quantum either as a precursor to dispute resolution or for submission or as advocate in proceedings in the Civil courts up to the higher courts including judicial review proceedings in any court arising from criminal cause.
Robert regularly advises clients upon the many and various issues that can impact upon a project through its lifecycle from pre-contract to post-completion, including strategic and dispute avoidance advice during the engineering and construction process. Robert has experience in the vetting, drafting and negotiation of a range of construction and engineering contracts (including JCT, NEC, PPC, GC Works, MF, FIDIC, IChemE, EPC, ETC.,.) and in the drafting and reviewing of main contracts, sub-contracts, bonds, guarantees and collateral warranties.
Seminar, Training and Lecturing
Robert is frequently asked to present seminars to professional institutes and institutions on matter of both contentious and non-contentious Contract and Commercial Law, such institutes and institutions include the RICS, CIOB, RIBA, CIArb, CSC, B&ES, etc.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Nationwide Academy of Dispute Resolution
- Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland
- International Bar Association
- Law Degree – University of London
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – De Montfort University
- International Bar Association Fellow in International Legal Practice
- Higher Rights of Audience
- International Practice Diploma in:
International Arbitration / International Intellectual Property Law / International Commercial Law / International Mergers & Acquisitions / International Joint Venture Law / International Human Rights Law and Practice
- Member of the Association of Planning Advisors
- Registered and Practising Mediator – NADR, NMA (UK & USA)
- Registered Neutral (USA) NMA
- Registered and Practising Conciliator – CIF,
- Registered and Practising Adjudicator – RICS, RICS/FMB, CIOB, CIArb, CSSC, CPHA, RIBA, CIF, NADR, CIC
- Registered and Practising Arbitrator – CIF, NADR
- Registered RICS Dispute Board Member
- CIArb Property Dispute Panel member
- PDP Assessor – CIOB
- APC/ATC Assessor – Senior Professional Examiner – Fellowship Assessor – RICS
- Professional Examiner – CInstCES
- Member of the Legal and Dispute Review Committee of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Member of the Contracts and Dispute Resolution Panel of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors
- Member of Arbrix
- Member of the Arbitration Club – Law Courts Branch
- CIC Liability Panel member for the c Inst CES
- Past Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Wales)
- Past CIC representative for the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors
- Visiting Fellow the University of South Wales –
- Lecturer – MSc Dispute Resolution – University of South Wales
- Completed RICS Advocacy Training
- Member of the Association of Independent Construction Adjudicators
- Member of TeCSA
- Member of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Registered CIArb AFL member
- Professor – Mediation, Adjudication and Arbitration – University of South Wales
- Coleg Sir Gar – Advisory Panel Member
- Wales CIOB – Branch Committee member
- Wales RICS – Board member
- Wales CIArb – Branch Committee member