We have a team who understand the pressures our clients operate under in the construction industry both nationally and globally. We strive to provide clear, practical and innovative commercial advice and solutions to both private and public sector clients on all type of projects and construction related matters, whether in relation to large scale projects or disputes involving factual and complex contractual issues or to minor works.
Most of our lawyers and consultants are dual-qualified – solicitors and barristers from a technical background (Chartered Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Architects and Engineers) – and have first-hand experience of the challenges faced by our clients and know how to help overcome them. From inception to the completion of any project, we offer advice across a range of legal disciplines, including:
- Contractual issues at project initiation and set-up
- Tendering process
- Procurement and regulatory issues
- Joint Ventures
- Drafting and advising on standard forms and bespoke building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, bonds, parent company guarantees
- Advice on and drafting PFI/PPP contracts
- Advice on project management issues
- Health and Safety
- Employment law & TUPE
- Dealing with Construction Claims and Payment related issues
- Dispute Avoidance and Dispute Resolution including negotiation, conciliation, adjudication mediation, arbitration and litigation
Our clients have found our understanding of the many standard forms of contracts to be invaluable and a number of our lawyers are recognised experts on the many standard forms of contract used including JCT, NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and the ICE, lecturing regularly both nationally and internationally.