Solicitors with extensive experience in the Rail Sector
At Silver Shemmings we know that the key to best serving our clients’ needs is to understand their business and the industry within which they seek a competitive advantage; providing fast and effective solutions.
It is the experience gained from Crossrail, Intercity Express Programme and Shinkansen High Speed Railway in Taiwan that provides detailed context and business understanding to immediately become a valuable member of the team and sets us apart from other practices. Most of our lawyers are dual-qualified and are able to fully understand, from their first-hand experience, the challenges set by the industry and how they can best be overcome.
We have a detailed knowledge of the Regulatory, Operational and Project environments and the contractual basis under which they operate, specifically:
- Track Access (Passenger and Freight) and Network Code disputes;
- Franchises and related third party agreements;
- NEC in relation to Railway Projects;
- Governance and Risk Management;
- Implementation Agreements;
- Framework Asset Protection Agreements; and
- Third Party Utility and Interface Agreements.
Our direct experience in delivering large and complex multi-billion pound projects, such as Crossrail, Sub-Surface and Tube Lines Upgrade and Basingstoke Rail Extension, provides a unique and qualified understanding of the commercial and contractual structures necessary to successfully deliver requirements, whist ensuring risk is allocated appropriately and opportunities maximised.
We have experience with many systems within the Technology Sector and an appreciation of the challenges faced by businesses in this sector, particularly when new technologies and systems are being implemented and developed. We are frequently instructed by clients to assist in the provision and management of technology infrastructure and systems for service providers, enterprises and public sector organisations. Our dedicated team provide both legal and commercial advice on, and tailored drafting of:
- supply agreements;
- professional appointments;
- construction and engineering contracts;
- collateral warranties and bonds;
- novation agreements;
- operation and maintenance agreements; and
- joint venture agreements.
Our professional services
Our experience in this sector enables us to advise employers, construction professionals and contractors involved in rail projects, including:
- In-house Training for employers, contractors and sub-contractors on all aspects of construction and engineering contracts;
- Advise on risk allocation;
- Drafting bespoke contracts;
- Project Management;
- Dispute resolution including Arbitration, Adjudication and Litigation; and
- Appointments as Adjudicators and Arbitrators to deal with disputes arising under any contract.