We recognise that health & safety is a major concern to all who work in the construction industry. The HSE state that the construction industry has the largest proportion of people working in that sector. However the number of site related accidents and deaths continues to give rise to concern.
Employers are under a duty to ensure that their employees work in a safe environment as far as is practicable. This includes assessment of risk generally, work at height, manual handling, electrical safety, site transport and COSHH. All of these issues can be a problem if not correctly reviewed. To that end risk assessments and compliance with CDM regulations are essential.
Despite taking all reasonable steps, accidents do unfortunately occur.
Silver Shemmings has experience of the construction & engineering industries which enables us to advise employers, professionals and contractors of their duties under Health & Safety legislation, and especially the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (CDM).
We have the experience to appreciate the challenges faced by those in the construction industry and with our experience and specialist skills, can assist in the following:
- advising on employment issues relating to health & safety
- advising employers on their health & safety obligations under current health & safety legislation
- advising on health & safety prosecutions
- advising on contractual responsibilities in respect of health & safety CDM and project management
- advising on health & safety policies generally for companies
- assisting with risk assessments
- providing training and information
- representing clients for breach of regulations
Under the new legislation, company directors can now be prosecuted for corporate manslaughter for health & safety breaches and we can provide assistance in defending such claims.
Our health & safety consultants are able to provide expert witness work and specific training in health & safety issues.